1. Is Dino-Lite model AM211 compatible with Mac OS?
Unfortunately the model AM211 is not compatible with current Mac OS editions, although it will still work on older versions (Mac OS 10.4 and below). This model is the very first Dino-Lite and was discontinued several years ago. It has been replaced with model AM2011 which is compatible with Mac OS 10.5 and above. For more information about that model, please see the product page: AM2011 »
2. How do I install DinoXcope?
The DinoCapture (Windows) or DinoXcope (Mac OS) software is included on the CD that came with the
Dino-Lite. It is also available for download from our website. If you have an older version, the software
may update automatically (if you have not disabled that feature), or you can update manually by
downloading the latest version. To install by downloading the latest version from this website, follow
the instructions below
Mac OS Install
1. Download DinoXcope or Insert CD
2. Double click install package
3. Click Install
4. Double click DinoXcope icon
3. DinoXcope Update New Driver
If you are currently using DinoScope software, please go to our Downloads section and download DinoXcope*
you can also download by clicking this link:
*DinoXcope only for users with MAC OSX 10.4 or later with AM2011, AM3XX~AM4XX DinoLite Microscopes.
Please uninstall DinoScope before installing DinoXcope.
DinoXcope will not work if DinoScope is uninstalled after the DinoXcope installation. Alternatively you may choose to leave DinoScope on your system at the same time as DinoXcope,
Please note that uninstalling either program will cause the other to not work from that point on.
4. How can I save images as .JPEG or .PNG format in DinoXcope?
There are two ways you can save images as .JPEG or .PNG format in DinoXcope.
1. Double click on the already captured picture thumbnail on the left side of the window. Click on the "Save As" button in the measurement window. Select the desired image format.
2. Right-click or control key + click, then select: "Save As" from the contextual popup menu. Both methods will bring up a "Save As" dialog and at the bottom of the dialog the file format can be selected from the format popup menu.
5. How do I delete an image from the thumbnails in the DinoXcope window?
There are 2 ways to delete an image from DinoXcope.
1. You can click on the image you wish to delete and press the Delete button on the keyboard.
2. You can click on the image you wish to delete and drag it to the Trash.
If you wish to delete multiple images from DinoXcope:
Select the image you wish to delete by clicking on the thumbnail, select more than one image by holding down on the "Apple/Command" key and selecting other images then press the Delete button on the keyboard.
(Selecting images using the "Shift" key will select the full range of images from first click to second click.)
6. What is the full screen image capture shortcut?
Press Command+Shift+S in full screen mode to capture images.
7. How do I adjust the image & color settings in DinoXcope?
To adjust image settings, from the top menu in DinoXcope click on Controls then select Video Settings.
8. What format does DinoXcope use to save video?
DinoXcope saves videos in QuickTime (.mov) file format
9. DinoXcope User Guide
To find the instructions for DinoXcope, go to the Help section while in the DinoXcope software. You can either search for the specific issue or click on DinoXcope Help. Or go to the download section on our website and download the PDF file - "DinoXcope user guide".
DinoXcope is for use with MAC OS 10.4 or later.